Sunday, February 14, 2010

weekend wonderful ♥

Friday night Matthew and I went to see Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief. It was such a good movie and we had fun spotting and identifying the Greek mythology and figuring what was left out - such nerds! Probably why we get along so well! :)

Saturday morning we woke up and went to brunch at the food zoo - omelets and grapefruit? Yes please! Then he hurried me home to get ready, but right as I was about to get in the shower I got a phone call from my parents who were in town for the weekend as a surprise! What a great surprise too! My Mama's birthday is Monday, the 15th and mine is Tuesday the 23rd, so we kind of got to celebrate a joint birthday! They cam as an early 21st birthday present! They also bought me a fun pair of Brighton earrings! We went and grabbed lunch at Five Guys, since they were hungry, and then headed to the mall for me to pick up community day sales coupon books from Herbergers for a Special Olympics fundraiser, I got my bangs trimmed and we went to a second hand bookstore and found some awesome treasures. Then we went back to the hotel, got ready, went to dinner a my favorite restaurant: Ciao Mambo, and went to the Lady Griz basketball game against Eastern Washington with a group of our Special Olympics athletes! It was such a fun day and I had my first drink with my parents, my favorite pasta dish ever and a fabulous birthday desert!

Today we're going to brunch at this cute place by the bookstore we went to yesterday called Paul's Pancake Parlor - there s always a wait, but the food is worth it! Then we'll just hang out for the afternoon before I take them to the airport at 3. A whirlwind trip for them, but such a fun surprise for me! I am so thankful for my wonderful family and so happy my parents came to visit me!

What did y'all do this weekend?

0 comments: