Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Lovin', Had Me a Blast ♥

I've seen this on several of y'all's blogs and thought it looked fun and a good waste of time while it's dead at work.

Favorite Summer Song:
This is tough! I LOVE Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts and Alright by Darius Rucker, but I've also loved listening to Lucky by Colbie Caliat and Jason Mraz, Sweet Southern Comfort by Buddy Jewel, Southern Girl by Amos Lee, Sorority Girl by Luke Bryan and everything Kenny Chesney screams summer to me. Mellow music is very summery to me, and also my favorite alongside Country, of course!

Favorite Summer Movie:
I love Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 for summer - they both take place during the summer and are filled with beautiful locations and gorgeous young actresses who have gained mega-fame since the original Sisterhood came out. Plus, I LOVED each of the four books and feel very attached to Bridget (Bee), Lena, Carmen and Tibby. I especially feel like Carmen and Lena are my kindred spirits in modern teen fiction.

Favorite Summer Cocktail:
I'm not twenty-one yet, so I don't do cocktails, but nothing beats a glass of Sweet Tea on a hot summer's day!

Favorite Summer Meal:
This is a tough one, as summer foods are my favorite! I love all the fresh fruits and veggies that are available in the summer months! I love watermelon, fresh green beans, grilled chicken/fish/pork chops and salads. If I could eat "summer" foods all year round, I totally would!

Favorite Summer Outfit:
I LOVE sundresses! Worn with flip-flops during the day, heels at night, or with flats and a cardigan for work - I live in sundresses during the summer and wouldn't have it any other way!

Summer Reading:
Another tough one! I devour books, especially really good ones! This summer my favorites I read were The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, The Last Summer (Of You and Me) and Plain Truth. These were my top three books of summer 2009!

Favorite Summer Moment:
I enjoyed my whole summer honestly. I've loved every minute spent interning for the Congressman. I had the BEST time in Texas and I've loved hanging out with Rae getting our nails done or talking about her life and what she's excited about for her senior year, chatting with my Mama about everything under the sun and watching Army Wives and Drop Dead Diva on Sunday nights, car shopping with my Daddy and talking about life and watching Ben play baseball and seem him mature and grow into an awesome eighth grader - eek! I'm getting old! My whole summer has been an awesome and amazing experience, and I can't pin down one moment as being any better than the others.

I encourage y'all to this too - It's neat to look back at how quickly the last few months have flown by and what stands out as important to you! Oodles of love as always!

XOXO

3 comments:

Christa said...

What a cute post! I love Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...cute movie! And nothing can beat sweet tea!

Brittany Ann said...

I love the Sisterhood movies!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

So fun to read about your summer favorites!