Friday, August 21, 2009

“Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today is my last day at my internship and I'm so sad about it! I was offered a full time salaried position to stay as a caseworker, but had to turn it down to return to good ole Montana and a year and a half of schooling. I'm bummed, I really hate to leave these people and this environment and feel so blessed that God gave me this opportunity!

I'm sad to leave my family, but at the same time I know that I will see them again really soon; hopefully Montana, Wyoming and Colorado roads are okay at Thanksgiving so that Matthew and I can drive down for a visit - if not, when finals are over on December 18, headed home to Colorado I will be!

I'm excited to get back to Montana and see my friends. I'm excited to start my new classes and learn new things. I'm excited to start my internship with Special Olympics. I'm excited to meet our new baby kites and see what adventures Kappa Alpha Theta has in store for me this year - our chapter turned 100 this summer, so at homecoming we're having a big Gala event; hopefully full of memories and sisterhood!

What are y'all sad about ending or leaving behind now that summer has come to an end?

What are you excited about for the upcoming season and/or school year?

I leave for Montana bright and early in the morning, move-in is on Sunday and Monday starts work week/spirit week for all us sorority girls at the U. As always, oodles of love to each and everyone of y'all! ♥

3 comments:

Kassie said...

Thank you for coming by my blog!! I'm excited to read yours...I've always wanted to go to Montana!! :)

Kristen said...

I love that quote... and I know the feeling. School starts again for me on Wednesday... and I am excited about it, but I'm sad to see summer go. My boyfriend and I live 1,000 miles apart, so summer means we can actually see each other more than a weekend a month, and with school starting again, back to missing him lots.

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello - LOVE your blog - thank you so much for sharing such great writing and pictures. Best wishes !