Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yay!

I got a mini-promotion at work! I'm still an unpaid intern, but instead of date entry and other tedious, but important tasks, my boss is moving me to event planning for the congressman when he is in town! I'm going to help plan and orchestrate several events, as well as attend them, and before I leave for school on August 20, he wants me to plan and orchestrate and event all by myself! He also promised me a killer letter of recommendation when this is all over due to my hard work, positive attitude and willingness to do whatever they throw at me! I've built chairs, created a list of every republican sentaor and representaive addresses and phone numbers for each of their district and D.C. offices along with the entire colorado delegation, played with a grill until it would finally light, etc. I'm so excited! I served as recruitment chairman for my sorority last fall, and in high school planned all the retreats and functions at my church, so event planning is right up my alley! Yay!

Also, only 14 days until Texas! ♥

11 comments:

The Hnou Mrs. said...

OMG! That's so exciting! Congrats on the move up! LOVE it!!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Wow! How exciting!!

KAC said...

Congrats that's so exciting!

Annie said...

Congrats!
Happy for you ;)

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting - congratulations!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

How awesome!!! Congratulations! I know it's very well-deserved!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

congrats on your promotion!! how exciting!! I am SOOO happy I have found another Steelers fan!!! And you were the only one that guessed right about the primantis sandwich! way to go!!!

RCaitlin said...

Yay!! Congrats! That's really awesome. You must have really impressed him. What great experience!

Sarah Wyland said...

That's fabulous!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your promotion! & thank you for becoming a follower of my blog :] hope you have a fabulous weekend!

xo,Sara

I Love Brownies said...

TEXAS...God's country!! Have fun!! Oh and congrats on the mini promo. Keep up the great work!