Monday, July 13, 2009

God is good.

New layout! Yay! The colors are my sorority colors - guess which sorority? LOL. One of my favorite fun songs states "we drink our beer from mugs of black and gold, we drink a toast to . . . . . . young and old..." LOL. You get to fill in the ellipse between 'to' and 'young'!

Today was the 8 month mark of Matthew and I dating - he's cute! He remembered and I didn't!

My weekend was fun and I cannot remember what my family and I were up to Friday night, other than that we laughed a lot! Oh, well with so much happening in a weekend, and my bad short term memory, it's no wonder I forgot!

10. Ben's team had three really close fought games of baseball up in Aurora, but only won one. . . they got 11th in the state for their age bracket in baseball.

9. I got my wedding present for the wedding I'm attending on August 1, half off! Yay!

8. I bought The Shack as a hostess gift for my boyfriend's family. Not only did my Mama and I LOVE the book, but I met his Mama at the library before I knew him and they are one of the most devoutly religious families I know and think they would appreciate the way Young portrayed the Holy Trinity.

7. I started rereading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in anticipation of the movie; I forgot how much happens so quickly! I literally read over 200 pages in 45 minutes! Crazy!

6. Daddy decided that instead of an automatic, we are going to get me a manual. I don't know how to drive a manual. If this is the plan, we need to do so soon so I can learn before driving it up to Montana!

5. Daddy and I saw Transformers 2 on Saturday night. AMAZING!!! Daddy and I had extra fun seeing it since Josh Duhamel is in the film and Josh is my Daddy's best friend's best friend from growing up in Minot. So seeing someone my Daddy has met and hears so much about from his buddy Greg was a lot of fun! Daddy has a picture of Josh and Optimus Prime hanging in his office at work asking him to take it easy on the boys at Minot AFB! haha!

4. God is great and blessed my brother with beautiful baseball weather all weekend, even if we got hurricane rains in Colorado Springs yesterday evening and really strong rain this afternoon!

3. I learned I won a giveaway from Her Southern Charm! Go check her out if you don't follow her already! She's doing a great mini-series of meekness!

2. I went to bed at 8:30 Sunday night and woke at 6:45 Monday morning refreshed as can be!

1. God has blessed my family with lots of love and support as evidenced my Rae and I waking up at 4:45 to get ready for baseball on Sunday morning, so that we would be able to leave the house by 5:45. Thank goodness for coffee! :)

That's my weekend 10 lovelies! I hope y'all had just as blessed a weekend as I did! With so many giveaways going on, I have decided when I get back to school I will host one of fun MT things. Mt made candles, huckleberry jam, etc. What do y'all think?

5 comments:

Hallie said...

ahh do we have another Theta sister here in the blogosphere? :)

Anonymous said...

im guessing you're a Theta? & thanks for the comment! i worked reaally hard on it!

Lyryn said...

Love have you listed all this out! I can’t wait to see Harry Potter, I’m so excited!!! I love seeing women giving glory to God! So encouraging! Blessings!!

RCaitlin said...

Mmmm sounds like such a lovely weekend. Can't wait for Harry Potter!

Sarah Wyland said...

I feel you on the baseball - my little brother plays and he made All-Stars for his bracket. He's at practice or scrimmage every day during the week and then tournaments on the weekends. Two more left - this weekend at our park, next weekend in Delaware!

I'm re-reading the entire Harry Potter Series. I'm on the fifth book and I cannot put it down, even though I've read it so much the spine is starting to come apart!