Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Widest Influence for Good

Hello lovelies!

This week for me has been very big on working for the widest influence for good, one of the trifold goals of my sorority. This past Tuesday was our founder's - Bettie Locke - birthday. Each chapter of our organization was asked by headquarters to host a service event to honor Bettie Locke - our chapter made Halloween and Autumn cards for the kids of CASA and families staying at St. Patrick's House and the Ronald McDonald House in town. It was a fun night of sisterhood, laughs, and creativity!

Saturday, my sorority sister Kate and I volunteered at an event called Fall Family Fest, hosted by our city's parks and recreation department. It was a fun fall carnival with hay rides, arts and crafts, rock walls, s'mores, an apple press and games!

Today, Sunday, I am volunteering for a few hours at the Ronald McDonald House, just running the front desk and assisting guests with any concerns.

I truly value the ability to give freely of yourself, your time and your talents and am blessed that I have had the ability to spend this much time this week giving back to the community where I go to school. I challenge y'all to do something for your community this week - it not only brings a smile to others, but makes you feel incredible too! What are you favorite ways to demonstrate the widest influence for good?

0 comments: