Monday, September 28, 2009

Update

I hope that y'all had a great weekend! Mine was okay; I was very glad that the Griz pulled out a win over the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks in overtime and very glad that Bama beat Arkansas, but severely disappointed that Pittsburgh lost to Cincinnati of all places - really?! Is missing Polomalu that big of a heartache in the last plays of the game? This is two weeks in a row, that our defense has let slip at the very end of the game and lost to two teams we should not have lost to!

I took our university's writing proficiency exam Saturday morning, I think it went really well! I'll find out on the 6th. I also played lots of board games Friday night and Saturday afternoon. We had our crush party/chili feed Friday night and I discovered a new wine that I liked on Saturday night. Saturday night boyfriend and I relaxed, watched Australia and tried a new wine called Polka Dot - how cute! It's a Riesling and was different, but really good! We also got another Riesling, this time a German one that his parents really enjoy, to try this upcoming weekend, or we might save it for the 13th.

Y'all I know we're only a few weeks into the semester, but I already feel like I'm drowning. Thank goodness for stress management seminars offered by the campus health center! I've already had two exams; my Modern Chinese history class I got a 100 and my developmental psychology i got an 85. Not too bad. I am still searching for a job - please pray that I find something soon! My refund check from the university was also lost in the mail, so I'm stressed because that's $1000 I was planning to use for sorority payment for living in and it's missing! Not good! Also, in 8 days the horrible girl I posted about in previous posts (that I may have deleted, not sure. . .) invades from New Jersey for our sorority's 100th and homecoming - Lord grant me patience and protection from her meanness. I also have several papers due and upcoming exams and projects. I know that I am no more busy than any of the rest of y'all, but stress hits me hard and then cause my ulcerative colitis to flare which is not a fun time! However, if I stay on top of things, it generally is not an issue.

I hope that y'all have a wonderful week - mine will be crazy busy! I'll try to post more often though, even if just an outlet for me! Until next time, Ciao!

3 comments:

Kassie said...

Hope things get better for you girl! I know how it seems like everything is coming at once.

Brittany Ann said...

Keep up the good work on those exams!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend.