Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm back y'all! ♥

Hey y'all! Sorry that I've been in MIA as late. School has finished and I've been in Colorado for three weeks now. My boyfriend was down visiting the first two, and this last week has been spent trying to find a job. I haven't had any luck, but I have one last paying option to applpy for at the USAFA commissary. I'll find out on Monday whether or not the internship I interviewed for will be able to take me on; it will be unpaid, but the expereince would be amazing! Plus, theyw ould be able to help me set up an internship in Montana for the fall, and possibly in D.C. for the spring - please keep this opportunity in y'alls thoughts and prayers; it's something I've dreamed of doing since elementary school!

On another note, I've already read three great books this summer: Marley & Me, My Sister's Keeper and The Shack. Y'all please go read The Shack! It is the BEST work of fiction I have read in a LONG time and it really does change the way you think about and comprehend certain issues. My Mama and her book club are reading that this month and I think I may tag along for discussion since I loved it so much! Do y'all have any recommendations of other books to read this summer? I'm beginning the Shopaholic series and will try to read more Jodi Picoult, I'm also reading the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet that my boyfriend recommended.

Have a great weekend y'all! We're off to Denver for two baseball games tonight and a few tomorrow! My brother is really excited for this tournament since there are many out of state teams from the west and north west as well as from Louisville - so he;s pumped! I love watching him play ball, he's so gifted and natural at it! This season he is playing a lot of outfield and catcher - his two favorites!

2 comments:

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

I LOVE THE SHACK! :) hope you have a great summer!

Gracie Beth said...

I think I am going to read the shopaholic series as well this summer!