Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Questions

Okay, so many of y'all have opened yourselves up to questions, and I've been asking if you could be any fruit and tree what would you be and why? I've decided to answer my own questions and explain why I like them so much.
The fruit question was asked of me at my interviews at Mercyhurst College in Erie, PA, Gonzaga in Spokane, WA and at several other private school interviews. My answer was a watermelon because they are the quintessential summertime fruit; always shared on picnics, at barbecues and I could eat watermelons for days! Watermelons are a social fruit I guess, always bringing people together and I love to network and throw events, so it's a totally appropriate answer!
The tree question was asked in my interview for the job I hold now; I had to say which tree ON CAMPUS I would be. I live in a very "granola" city, obsessed with being outdoors and environmental policy - when I cam to college, originally as a political science major - this town and all of it's liberal policies tested my conservative background and beliefs. Anyways, my boss is a vegan and huge environmental supporter, so the question just fits her now that I've gotten to know her. I said that I would be one of the trees that turns orange or crimson in the fall, because I'm a colorful personality and I love autumn and all the fun that it brings with football games, hiking, etc. But if I could be any kind of tree in the world, I would be either a magnolia tree (they're my absolute favorite!) or a cherry blossom tree in D.C.! I used to LOVE going to the cherry blossom festival when I lived out there!
Now I guess it is only fair that I too participate in the game, so if y'all have questions for me, please ask away!

1 comments:

PreppyGirl said...

I'd definitely be a cherry blossom! I love it when they're in bloom! When did you live in D.C.?