Sunday, January 4, 2009

winter session classes start tomorrow at 9 am! lovely! I am taking two classes for three hours a day per class. Intro to Public Speaking and Intro to Critical Interpretation (AP Literature in 2.5 weeks - oh well, I got a 5 on the AP exam, so hopefully this won't kill me too horribly and I'll get my lower-division writing done...) It will be a lot of reading and writing in such a short time, but we're reading Frankenstein for the Critical Interpretation class, which is such a good book, so I'm excited! And there are some interesting titles I've never heard of, such as "do androids dream of electronic sheep?" anyways, i'll let y'all know about the new profs and classes tomorrow evening after class.

Since my sorority house flooded, I'm crashing on a friend's couch until spring semester, but they have a gym room in the apartment complex, really close to their particular apartment, so that will be really nice to read for class and workout at the same time. Plus I won't have to walk so far to our campus gym.

I did all my grocery shopping/back to school supply shopping today. Lots of high fiber foods to help with my ulcerative colitis - the gi doctor would be proud! multi-grain pasta, whole wheat cereal, etc. but y'all know i got my grits and sweet tea supplies! my friends are laughing since they've never had either. it'll be fun to introduce them to different "southern" foods while i'm staying with them... since they tease me mercilessly when my accent comes out...

good night and sweet dreams to all!

2 comments:

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

Good luck with your classes. I start in a few days and am not looking forward to getting in the "school routine" at all! If you don't mind me asking, what sorority are you in?

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I'm in Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Nu chapter.