Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Fun and Personal Trivia

This weekend went by so quickly, but was a lot of fun! Friday night I went dancing downtown with a few friends - the best place to go dancing is the one "gay bar" in town; they always play lots of Lady Gaga and Beyonce music!

Saturday we had our spring recruitment workshop for my sorority where we refreshed about the recruitment basics, went over our fall recruitment chants and songs and learned what we'll be wearing not just during recruitment, but also the first week of classes leading up to recruitment. I also learned that I have a very high likely hood of being a Rho Gamma! I'm so excited and honored for that opportunity! Saturday night, I attended Sigma Phi Epsilon's (SigEp) Queen of Hearts function, with Matthew who recently joined the house and several of my sorority sisters. My little in my sorority was crowned Queen of Hearts, so that was really special!

Today we had a sisterhood where we watched the movie Up In The Air, the movie with George Clooney. It was okay, very timely and relevant to the current economic state, but such a sad movie. I feel emotionally heavy still and the movie ended over an hour ago! The acting was well executed though, so it was worth watching.

One more week before spring break begins! Here's hoping its a fast one! :)




1. What year did you graduate high school? 2007, or more affectionately, "007" ♥

2. What part of your body do you neglect the most?
My poor feet! I constantly stub my toes, don't moisturize them enough and just overall take advantage of them! During the summer when they're exposed to the world, they are treated much nicer! :)

3. Beach House or Lake House? As much as I absolutely LOVE vacationing to the beach, it's just that - a vacation. I could, however, live on a lake for the rest of my life - or a river - so peaceful, serene, and then I could live in Alabama or Montana, or anywhere else with lakes for that matter.


4. Mac or PC? I currently have a PC, but am considering a mac for when I need to replace old faithful.

5. Did you wear braces?
I did not.

6. If you could be one person for a day...living or deceased...who would you be? I would love to have been Mother Theresa for a day; she herself didn't have much in this world except for a servant's heart and call from God to become the international symbol of charity, compassion and faith. She is one of the individual's I most admire who has house-hold name recognition.

7. How many times have you moved in your life? I was born in Minot, ND and moved to Lakeridge, VA when I was two; one month before kindergarten, I moved to Colorado Springs, CO, where we moved twice. The summer before third grade, I moved to Prattville, AL and the summer before fourth grade I moved to Lakeridge, VA. In July 2001, I moved to Minot, ND and in July 2003, I moved to Prattville, AL. In July 2004, I moved to Colorado Springs, CO and in May 2005, I moved to Great Falls, MT where we moved twice. My family moved a week after I graduated high school back to Colorado Springs, CO where they still are. That summer, I moved to Missoula, MT for college. In Missoula, I have lived in two dormitories and my sorority house.


8. Would you rather cook or clean? I love to do both, actually! But since I live in a sorority house where we have both a cook and a cleaning lady, I'm only responsible for cleaning my own bedroom, and only get the opportunity to cook when I'm at home. So, in this moment, I would rather cook. :)

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Some of my best memories of college involved my sorority.

Hilary said...

Okay, your graduation year makes me feel old.

And goodness gracious, why did you move so much?

AND how cool that you actually live in a "sorority house". My school just had floors in dorms dedicated to each sorority & they were able to decorate however they wanted and they had the same cleaning staff that the rest of the dorms had, but as far as eating, everyone was on their own - no kitchen or anything. So girls only lived on their sorority hall the year after they rushed and then moved on to apartments like the rest of the upperclassmen. Do you guys have a sorority house like in the movies?

Sarah Elizabeth said...

We moved so much because my daddy is in the air force, so we moved wherever and whenever he was reassigned.

yes, we have an actual sorority house like in the movies. we have a three story house with a basement. Maybe I'll do a post about it sometime. Our house a fun history and rooms are constantly being remodeled, so soon the whole house will be.

Rachel said...

That sounds like SUCH a great weekend! SigEp here doesn't do Queen of Hearts but they are known for throwing some of the best parties.

You should totally do a post on your sorority house! We only have a Panhellenic dorm but I dream of the day when I'm a wealthy alum and finally can buy us the perfect house to fit our sisterhood!