Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm in my advance nonprofit administration class, and we are working on our grant writing module. It is really interesting and I had no idea how immense the network of potential grant makers is! There is so much information out there, it's kind of overwhelming! We had to "adopt" a nonprofit of interest to "sponsor" throughout the semester, and I chose the Marion House from Colorado Springs that is run through the Catholic Charities of Colorado Springs. I can't believe how much potential is out there! The CCCS is in the middle of a capital campaign to raise money for the Marion House, so this is kind of cool. Plus, we were able to create a potential program for the nonprofit to begin that we can sponsor throughout the semester. I REALLY enjoy this class. . . after this unit, we have our accounting unit. We have already worked on program planning and fundraising. . . and this class is a continuation of our very broad overview class from last semester, so I have to be interested in in to stick with it for so long! Our class meets once a week for 2.5 hours. . . class is slightly long, but I can get though it if I go in with a positive out look. My grant proposal is due next week, along with a paper for recreation management, i have a psychology quiz next week, and an interpersonal communications exam. This week I have a recreation management exam on Thursday - I'll be studying my butt off - I only got a 78 on my last exam in that class! Oodles of love to all y'all! Updates soon, and a potential give-away! ♥

0 comments: