Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brown Eyed Girl tagged all who wanted to do the book experiment, and since I'm in the middle of a three week intensive Literature class right now, I figured it would be really interesting. The book that is closest to me is called Ceremony, and is the hardest book for me to get through! I don't feel connected to it at all, and parts of it really offend me! I have an amazing professor though, and I know he would not just assign us this book to torture us all...

the rules are:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five other people to do the same!

"He fumbled with the yellow pull strings and opened it. He poured the human teeth out on the table. He looked over at Tayo and laughed out loud. He pushed them into circles and rows like unstrung beads; he scooped them into his hand and shook them like dice. They were his war souvenirs, the teeth he had knocked out of the corpse of a Japanese soldier."

I like Brown Eyed Girl, tag all who want to play!

0 comments: